The purpose of the applet is to demonstrate
edge flipping in triangulations and visualize what happens when you flip an
- Click on the canvas to create
vertices. You can create as many vertices as you like. Each
time a new vertex the original triangulation is altered to add the new
vertex but the delaunay triangulation is created each time.
- At any time you can select the "voronoi"
diagram to see the voronoi diagram of the vertices and ensure that the
initial triangulation is the delaunay triangulation.
- Delete any vertex by pressing the alt key
and clicking on the vertex to be deleted.
To Flip Edges:
- Select the "Flip Edges"
- Select the edge to flipped. This can
be done by clicking on the vertices of the edge.
- When finished edge flipping select the
"flip edges" button again.
- The "Clear" button clears the
graph and thus, you can begin creating a new graph.
- Select the "Flip Edges" button to
start edge-flipping at any point. When finished edge flipping
select the "Flip Edges" to bring you back to the "Create
Go to the Applet FAQ
for more information