- To Begin
- Press "Point set P" and
click as many points you want (the point set P are the red
lines and points)
- As you press click a new point, the
line of the dual will appear
- Press "Point set Q" and click
the canvas to create some Q points (they must equal the
number of the P points, or the applet will do nothing)
- The dual of the Q points are created
- Click on "Intersection" and watch as the applet,
finds all the intersections between the red and blue lines
- These intersections are denoted by
the green dots.
- Now click on "Ham Cut"
- A green line appears that is the x
value at that point. The pink dot is the median
level of the red lines and the black line is the
median level of the blue lines.
- Once these two levels are equal, a
black line is drawn that is the ham sandwich cut.
- The applet has a few bugs in it, it will
not always find the exact ham sandwich cut but it will
usually come close, the main reason is that there is a
flip between float numbers and integers where some of the precision
is lost. So the line drawn is not exact.
- Also, for odd numbers of point sets,
there is no way to split the points exactly in half.
But if you delete a point in each point set, the ham
sandwich cut should be right.