Here is the applet illustrating the coins
examples from the approach section.
- Start by generating samples ("tossing
coins") on the left plane. This can be done automatically by choosing the
number of samples and then clicking on "Generate" button, or manually by
adding the desired number of "Heads" or "Tails" using the buttons in the
- In the automatic mode, the parameter P(HEAD)
is selected randomly according to the prior distribution which may also be
- The estimated probabilities will be shown
on the right plane. You may select between viewing the estimation of the
distribution according to which the samples were drawn (that is P(HEAD|Samples)),
and the probability that the fair coin was tossed given the samples (P(Fair|Samples)).
- Besides graphical representation, the
estimated probabilities will also be shown below the output plane.
- Any time you may click on "Clear"
button and start from the beginning.
- If you have comments, bug reports, or just
need the source files, feel free to