APPLET --RECONFIGURING CONVEX POLYGONS
- Click on "Example" to draw the example polygon to be
reconfigured on the canvas.
- Click on "Reconfigure"
to start the reconfiguration. Continue pressing the Reconfigure
button until the reconfiguration finishes.
- Click on the "Complete" button to view self-driven reconfiguration
that is started by pressing the Reconfigure button.
- The "Explain steps" checkbox can be used to toggle explanations of each
step on and off.
- Repeat as necessary,
clicking on "Clear" every time you wish to clear
the canvas contents.
Reconfigure Your Own Polygon
- Click on the canvas to enter the vertices of your convex polygon, then click close to complete it.
- To reconfigure your polygon, first click on a vertex to select the fixed point(shown in white), then click on a second vertex to choose the moving point(yellow) in the quadrangle. The other two points of the quadrangle(orange) are added automatically. Orange and white points can be deselected with a single click, and the yellow moving point can be deselected with a double-click.
- Click the "-" and "+" buttons to decrease or increase the angles at the fixed and moving points; the "--" and "++" buttons can be used for larger increments.
Play with the applet...