1. Log on to one of the teaching machines:
lab110-5 ... lab110-18
2. Set cplex's environment variable.
If you are using tcsh or csh then your environment should
setenv CPLEXLICDIR /usr/local/pkgs/cplex/licdir
If you are using Bourne shell then your environment should
CPLEXLICDIR=/usr/local/pkgs/cplex/licdir; export CPLEXLICDIR
3. Make sure your search path include /usr/local/bin.
4. Just type "cplex" and you should get the cplex prompt.
5. Our licence only allows 10 users at any one time.
6. Complete documentation is in the consultants office at the labs in McConnell 106.
7. A few sample cplex input files are contained in http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~avis/courses/566/cplex
8. Here is a sample session on sita for the 5 queens problem:
Welcome to CPLEX Linear Optimizer 6.0.1
with Mixed Integer & Barrier Solvers
Copyright (c) ILOG 1997-1998
CPLEX is a registered trademark of ILOG
Type 'help' for a list of available commands.
Type 'help' followed by a command name for more
information on commands.
CPLEX> read 5queens.lp
Problem '5queens.lp' read.
Read time = 0.00 sec.
Tried aggregator 1 time.
No MIP presolve or aggregator reductions.
Presolve time = 0.00 sec.
Maximum infeasibility variable selection.
Objective is integral.
Node Left Objective IInf Best Integer Best Node ItCnt
* 4 0 5.0000 0 5.0000 34
Integer optimal solution: Objective = 5.0000000000e+00
Solution time = 0.01 sec. Iterations = 34 Nodes = 4
CPLEX> di so va -
Variable Name Solution Value
All other variables in the range 1-25 are zero.