Nice Viewpoint of a Polyhedron
Note: the wireframe and filed polygon button does
not work!!! Also this applet probably contains many bugs. If you find any
then email me and tell me about it. Lastly since this applet is using a
very inefficient algorithm PLEASE don't try any of the large models or your
browser will just crash and burn.
- You can load in one of the available models by clicking on the particular
model under model.
- You can delete an edge of a particular model by clicking on the end
vertices (they will turn blue) and then clicking on the delete button
- You can delete a vertex if it has no edges attached to it (it will
be red) by clicking on it (it will turn blue) and then clicking on the
- clicking on the clear button will clear the current model
from the display
- If you click on a vertex (it will turn blue of course) the current
coordinates of the point will be shown in the three text boxes on the side
of the display. You may now modify these coordinates and then click on the
modify button to have the modifications introduced into the model.
Note: coordinates x and y are measured from the top left hand corner.
- If you click in the display and then click the add button
then a vertex will be added to the model.
- Clicking on two vertices (and turning them blue) and then clicking
on the connect button will add an edge between these vertices.
- Last but not least... if you have a model loaded into the display
then clicking on the find NVP button will find a nice viewpoint for that model.
The nice viewpoint projection direction will be indicated to you with a red
The source is here