Here is the applet illustrating the
stabbing lines algorithm.
- In order to start, draw line segments on
the left plane. Each segment is to be drawn by clicking on two of its endpoints.
The first endpoint (when it's still colored in red) can be deleted by clicking
the right mouse button.
- Once a segment has been drawn, a
corresponding double wedge is displayed on the right plane, and the stabbing
region is updated.
- The number of segments is currently bounded
- When you are done with the segments,
you may click anywhere inside the stabbing region on the right plane, and the
(hopefully) stabbing line corresponding to your click will be displayed on the
- Note that once you have asked to display
one or more stabbing lines by clicking inside the stabbing region, you can't
add any more segments. You may, however, click on "Clear" button and start
from the beginning.
- The "Axes" checkbox will display the
"physical" coordinate system which is updated each time a new segment is
added to allow the whole stabbing region to be displayed on the right plane.
- If you have comments, bug reports, or just
need the source files, feel free to